Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday baking adventures

I have been neglecting this blog of late due to my dissertation, which, I am sorry to say, is still not quite finished. Nonetheless I have still found time whilst procrastinating to be a little creative. This morning I baked my first attempt at carrot cake. I used this recipe from the BBC Good Food site, which I always love. It was really easy to follow and is supposed to be a little healthier than some, using oil instead of butter and wholemeal flour.


I love my Le Creuset mixing jug. Rik got it for me for my birthday and it's wonderful.




The finished result was pretty darn tasty! I cut the cinnamon out of the frosting and replaced it with orange zest. The recipe makes quite a lot of frosting so next time I make it I will cut it in half I think.


Unfortunately my dissertation has been taking up a lot of my time recently. I have been using most of my weekend free time to work on it. I should have an almost full draft finished today (only a week behind schedule). Last weekend we did take some much needed time out and enjoyed a relaxing weekend in Cornwall. We visited Glendurgan Garden:



And I got to see Frenchman's Creek of Daphne du Maurier fame:


It was a pretty great weekend, even with my car breaking down, costing me £300 and forcing me to commute by train to work for the week! Let's hope there are many more weekends like this to come...


3 comments:

  1. Yay to all of the above. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee I like the look of your cake! Boo to dissertation, Woo to cake and gardens! Ps. I love the last picture of the field and tree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he thank you! I was rather proud of it so needed an excuse to put it up :)

    ReplyDelete