This year time was rather limited so we only booked one event on the Sunday and spent the Saturday wandering the town and its surroundings. I just adore the shops and cafes. We had tea and cake at the delightful Dwelling House and did a spot of shopping in the local craft shops. I found myself lusting after pretty teapots and teacups, something that seems to be leading to a bit of an obsession... I also bought my copy of The Doll, which I've been looking forward to having for some time. Dinner was a bit disappointing unfortunately. When I visited in 2008 with my good friend Sarah we stumbled upon a great restaurant called The Other Place. Last year Rik and I had a delicious meal there too, so we decided to book again for this year. Unfortunately they seem to be going through some sort of transition phase and now only serve fish & chips or burgers. As we wandered back through town though we had a sneaky listen outside the church to the Mevagissey male voice choir, which more than made up for it!
Sunday afternoon was spent on the My Cousin Rachel guided walk. We saw some beautiful countryside and had sections of the book read to us by our guide on the way.
We finished up with an extravagant cream tea at Coombe Farm.
All in all a very pleasant afternoon!
Highlights of the weekend:
- Tea at the Dwelling House
- Being recognised in the book shop as a du Maurier fan!
- Buying new pottery
- Meeting the churchyard cat again
- Our lovely b&b, Artist's House and its proprietor
Our new purchases...






ENVY! Pics not showing but may be my dodgy internet
ReplyDelete